Here are a few tips to better understand your new TSHBP benefits.
What is the difference between TSHBP, 90 Degree Benefits, and HealthSmart?
- TSHBP, otherwise known as the Texas Schools Health Benefits Program, is your new medical option offered as an alternative to the TRS-ActiveCare program. This program has two plans: the TSHBP Copay Plan and the TSHBP High Deductible Plan.
- 90 Degree Benefits administers the TSHB Program much like BCBSTX administers the TRS-ActiveCare program. 90DB provides customer service for your TSHBP benefits, process claims, and provides concierge service through Care Coordinators to manage all your hospital and facility services.
- HealthSmart Physician & Ancillary is the name of the provider network for services under the TSHBP.
What do I do?
|I Need to go to my Doctor, Specialist, or Urgent Care||I need Emergency Care|
|STEP 1||Call (855) 830-9234 to confirm HealthSmart Physician and Ancillary Network status. OR Go online to confirm: https://tshbp.info/HSNetwork||Call 911 OR Go to the nearest emergency facility of choice.|
|STEP 2||Call your doctor to schedule appointment. Provide office staff with your insurance information, including the provider network HealthSmart Physician and Ancillary Network.||Upon arrival and admission, you must provide your TSHBP medical insurance card to the admissions department for verification of benefits.|
|STEP 3||Present your TSHBP member insurance card at your appointment. As a reminder, let your physician know your provider network is the HealthSmart Physician and Ancillary Network.||Ask the hospital staff to contact a Care Coordinator at (888) 803-0081 to verify benefits and pre-certify services.|
When do I call my Care Coordinator?
- All non-emergency services performed in a facility/hospital setting require the member to contact their Care Coordinator at (888) 803-0081.
- The Care Coordinator will obtain Pre-Certification, manage invoices pertaining to approved services, and facilitate payment from the member. Any bills or invoices received by the member should be forwarded to Care Coordinator.
- In case of an emergency, go to the nearest facility. Contact your Care Coordinator within 48 hours of emergency room admission.
1 thought on “Useful Information about Your TSHBP Health Benefits”
Pingback: 90 Degree Benefits
Comments are closed.