When you go to the doctor or pharmacist, you usually only need to provide them with your insurance card, they file a claim, and then they get paid by the insurance company. Despite all efforts, sometimes claims for medical services are not filed or processed correctly. When this happens, we are here to help.
I RECEIVED A BILL FROM MY DOCTOR, WHAT DO I DO?
At the time of service, your provider should have gathered the information they need to file your claim from your TSHBP ID card. Sometimes, errors are made in the filing of claims which could result in your provider sending you an invoice or bill instead of filing a claim with your insurance. In those instances, here is what you will do:
- First, check if your claim was filed by your doctor’s office. Access the Member Portal at https://portal.90degreebenefits.com/Logon/and click on “Claims Inquiry” to check the status of filed claims.
- Enter your information into the Claims Inquiry Screen (i.e. date of service) and click “submit”.
- You will see the information regarding the handling of your claim. If no claim is found, your provider has not submitted a claim for processing.
- Contact the provider and make sure they have all of the information from your TSHBP ID card correctly listed and ask them to file the claim.
- If you are unable to reach the provider, or if your provider needs help submitting a claim, please contact the Care Coordinator team at 888.803-0081.
WHAT IF I NEED TO SUBMIT A PAPER CLAIM?
If your provider can not submit a claim on your behalf, you may have to file a paper claim. Click here to download the Healthcare Claim form. Make sure you fill out as much information as possible and you can either fax or email a copy of the claim form for processing.
Remember to go to www.tshbp.org to see videos with additional information about the Member Portal, and to see videos with additional information about provider searches and balance billing. If you have additional questions, please contact the Care Coordinator team at 888.803-0081 if you are in need of assistance.